No one wants to wake up one morning to find wrinkles or bags around their eyes when looking in the mirror. Signs of aging catch most people off guard and before they know it, it’s too late. While you’re attempting to keep your skin looking fresh and radiant with creams and treatments, why not keep your eyes looking young also?
The skin closest to the eye is very sensitive and can easily be affected by one’s lifestyle. Collagen is the protein that maintains the skins firmness and keeps it plump. Cortisol, a hormone released from stress, creates loss of collagen, and the skin in turn thins out. Some signs of aging include crow’s feet, crepe-y eyelids, and dark circles and there are several ways to prevent these changes. The key to keeping the wrinkles and circles away is to follow proper defense mechanisms for the eyes.
• Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night
• Be gentle when applying and removing makeup
• Wear sunglasses to keep you from squinting
• De-stress and find time to relax
• Use hydrating moisturizer with antioxidants