Its all fun and games until someone gets hurt!
More than 25,000 people are treated for sport-related injuries each year. But there is good news; 90% of these injuries can be prevented!
Here are some simple tips to prevent eye injuries:
- Wear proper safety goggles (lensed polycarbonate protectors) for racquet sports or basketball. In order to be assured that your eyes are protected, it is important that any eye guard or sports protective eyewear are labeled as ASTM F803 approved. This eyewear is performance tested to give you the highest levels of protection.
- Use batting helmets with polycarbonate face shields while playing baseball.
- Use helmets and face shields approved by the U.S. Amateur Hockey Association when playing hockey.
- When bike riding wear a helmet and safety glasses, with polycarbonate lenses and UV protection, to shield your eyes from damaging sunlight and debris.
- Know that regular glasses don’t provide enough protection.
Always wear the recommended safety equipment, for the sporting activity you will engage in.